A lot has changed at Franklin Electric since E.J. (Ed) Schaefer and T.W. (Wayne) Kehoe founded the company in 1944 in Bluffton, Indiana. Since then, we have grown from a small motor manufacturing company into a leading global provider of systems and components for moving water and fuel, including the Pioneer Pump® brand. What hasn’t changed are the core values we all share. We remain focused on our customers and dedicated to delivering on our Key Factors for Success. 2019 will be a celebration of all we’ve accomplished in many places and for many customers around the world.
Named after Benjamin Franklin, a pioneer in electrical engineering, Franklin Electric’s core is the world’s first reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, which has remained a staple of the water well industry. 75 years later, we continue to manufacture and distribute improved versions of this unrivaled motor design all around the world, and have expanded our expertise to create innovative solutions, including pumps, electronics, and adjacent products, addressing modern industry challenges and serving our customers’ needs. With leading-edge hydraulic engineering, the Pioneer Pump brand has a reputation for being the highest performing centrifugal pumps on the market. Pioneer provides better flow, higher head, greater efficiency, and unparalleled service designed to meet your unique challenges.
“We would like to recognize and thank all of our employees, customers, partners, and investors that have played a role in helping shape Franklin Electric into the company it is today. As we reflect on our past during this milestone, we find ourselves even more focused on our vision of being an indispensable partner to our customers,” states Gregg Sengstack, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For more information about Franklin Electric’s Pioneer Pump products, click here.
Franklin Electric will display multiple pumping innovations at the 2019 WWETT Show in Booth 1435, February 21-23. WWETT (Water & Wastewater Equipment, Treatment & Transport) is the largest annual U.S. trade show for wastewater and environmental service professionals, so once you’re through the doors, you’ll have visual access to some of the most innovative and proven products available today. Here are some of the featured innovations that will be in our booth.
- New Pioneer Pump® Vortex Series™ Pumps – They eliminate costly and disruptive downtime by passing through the most challenging solids using a recessed impeller. These pumps are ideally suited for waste handling, sludges, industrial effluent, chemical processing, and other applications where fluid conditioning, macerating, or mix-prevention are unnecessary. This is accomplished using vortex technology, which saves time and money in the most punishing applications by eliminating internal wetted parts, like wear plates and chopper blades that would otherwise have to be monitored, adjusted, and replaced. Heavy-duty cast iron casing construction, an oversized stainless-steel shaft, and a leak-proof run dry mechanical seal ensure maximum reliability and uptime. A comprehensive range of electric and diesel packaging options are offered for fixed and portable installations and can be fitted with the industry-leading Pioneer Prime vac-assist system for suction lift applications. Vortex Series Pumps are available in 4x4, 6x6, and 8x8 sizes and cover flow rates up to 3,600 gpm and heads up to 150 feet. The Vortex Series is pioneering the way to reducing disruptive downtime and maximizing value.
- Pioneer Pump GS Series – A durable, cost-effective pumping solution for applications with high performance demands. These robust pumps are available in 3x3, 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, and 10x10 sizes, with maximum flow rates up to 3450 gpm, a maximum head of 175 feet, and solids handling capabilities of up to 3 inches. Offered assembled as part of a full pumping package or as a standalone pump, the GS Series provides industry consistency in parts interchangeability and pump footprint when compared to other manufacturer models, making it an ideal solution for most retrofit installations.
- Pioneer Pump GT Series – A robust pumping solution for nearly any food processing, wastewater treatment, waste handling, chemical processing, or industrial application with high performance demands. Now available in 3x3 and 4x4 sizes in addition to the 6x6 sizes, this product family features a robust shaft design that permits maximum flow rates up to 2250 gpm at a maximum head of 250 feet with a solids handling capability of up to three inches. The case inlet diameter is uniquely designed to alleviate abrasive wear on the pump and a unique cover design combines both the fill and flapper valve access cover into one part to improve ease of use – making these pumps ideal for the toughest tasks, all within a standard footprint.
For more information on the 2019 WWETT Show, click here.
The groundwater industry’s signature event returned to Las Vegas, Nevada, this year with great attendee participation. With incredible educational sessions, enthusiastic attendees, and impressive exhibits, this is the place to be if you’re in the business.
Weren’t able to attend the show this year? No problem. Click here to see the show from our point of view.
The Pioneer Pump® GT Series is a robust pumping solution for nearly any food processing, wastewater treatment, waste handling, chemical processing, or industrial application with high performance demands. Now available in 3x3 and 4x4 sizes in addition to the 6x6 sizes, this product family features a robust shaft design that permits maximum flow rates up to 2250 gpm at a maximum head of 250 feet with a solids handling capability of up to three inches. The case inlet diameter is uniquely designed to alleviate abrasive wear on the pump and a unique cover design combines both the fill and flapper valve access cover into one part to improve ease of use – making these pumps ideal for the toughest tasks, all within a standard footprint.
- Rugged cast iron casing and ductile-iron impellers for added strength and dependability
- Highly reliable and corrosion-resistant 17-4 stainless steel shaft
- Double-lip seal with atmospheric drain for additional bearing protection within the rotating assembly
- Cartridge-type SC/TC (silicon carbide/tungsten carbide) mechanical seal for simple installation and ease of maintenance
The new Pioneer Pump® GL1 Pump Package is an ideal solution to move water in nearly any compact, yet rugged industrial, municipal, agricultural, mining, dewatering, or rental application. This robust, diesel-driven pump package features the PP43075 solids-handling pump which passes up to 1-5/8-inch solids and reaches a maximum flow of 540 gpm and a max head of 130 feet. The GL1 extends the GL Series towable diesel pump range down to 15 hp for smaller-scale applications.
- Compact size ideal for construction sites and other general dewatering needs
- Fully modular base and mounting components for convenient service and maintenance
- On-road towable trailer for easy mobility and transport between jobs
- Environmentally safe vac-assist priming system with PosiValve™ evacuates air faster to accelerate and simplify priming
- Indefinite run-dry mechanical seal for a more hands free and self-sustaining operation
Now including the GL1, the GL Series pump packages feature a full range of high-head and high-flow pumps up to 575 horsepower, are available in 4x3, 4x4, 5x3, 6x3, 6x4, 6x6, 8x6, 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, and 12x12 pump sizes, and offer both solids handling up to 3.5 inches and clear liquids capability. Engineered for modularity, the GL Series is available in skid or trailer configurations, fully Tier IV ready with the flexibility to offer multiple engine options, and comes standard with an indefinite run-dry mechanical seal. To provide the necessary characteristics for each application, the GL Series offers a variety of build options, such as: sound attenuation convertibility, different engine control panels, multiple trailer options, trickle charger, solar panel, and engine block heater.
WEFTEC 2018, the world’s largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition, was yet again filled with some of the industry’s most innovative people, companies, and products. If you missed it, click below for a look at the show from our point of view.
Come join us at WEFTEC 2018 in booth 7927 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, October 1-3. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration in conjunction with the show to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including the following featured products in our booth:
The Inline 1100 SpecPAK™ Pressure Boosting System connects easily to nearly any commercial, industrial, or multi-residential plumbing configuration to provide an easy-to-size water pressure boosting solution. Contractors simply determine how much water is required to be boosted to the desired constant pressure output, and the system comes properly packaged. The pump itself, the Franklin Electric Inline 1100, is a quiet, all-in-one constant water pressure system that contains the pump, motor, and drive in a compact package. As water volume needs increase, the pump instantly accelerates to the proper speed to ensure the water pressure stays constant throughout the application.
The FPS PowerSewer® System is a flexible, service friendly, and efficient system for residential and commercial applications. The basin’s internal C-Channel assembly releases from the top of the unit, simplifying accessibility to and maintenance of its components. The updated tank design provides for easy access and replacement of all other internal components. The float tree is spring loaded and easily removable, with a lift handle to simplify pump removal. It features an isolated pump support that accommodates heavier pumps for expanded applications, and it is compatible with the entire line of Franklin Electric FPS 2 hp grinder pumps.
The Pioneer Pump® GT Series is a robust pumping solution for nearly any food processing, wastewater treatment, waste handling, chemical processing, or industrial application with high performance demands. Available in 3x3, 4x4, and 6x6 sizes, they feature a unique shaft design that permits maximum flow rates up to 2250 gpm at a maximum head of 250 feet with a solids handling capability of up to three inches. A unique suction spool increases the inlet diameter and alleviates abrasion wear on the pump, while its distinct cover combines both the fill access cover and flapper valve access cover in one to improve ease of use – making these pumps ideal for the toughest tasks, all within a standard footprint.
The Pioneer Pump® GL Series Pump Packages move large volumes of water in nearly any rugged industrial, municipal, agricultural, mining, dewatering, or rental application. These robust, diesel-driven pump packages feature a full range of high-head and high-flow pumps up to 575 horsepower, are available in 4x3, 4x4, 5x3, 6x3, 6x4, 6x6, 8x6, 8x8, 10x8, 12x8, and 12x12 pump sizes, and offer both solids handling up to 3.5 inches and clear liquids capability. All side panels down to the top of the skid are removable by hand without the need for additional tools, maximizing accessibility and serviceability. The patented, environmentally safe vac-assist priming system with PosiValveTM evacuates air faster to accelerate and simplify priming, while efficient tank sizes provide up to 30 hours of runtime at full load. Engineered for modularity, the GL Series is available in skid or trailer configurations with a variety of build options to fit each application, and is fully Tier IV ready with the flexibility to offer multiple engine options.
Click here to sign up for our complementary registration and use promo code EVITE1311.
Click here for more information on WEFTEC 2018.
These two GL Series trailer packages highlight the customizable value that a modular design brings to the table. No two pump applications are exactly the same. These two units have different engines, different control panels, different trailer options, and different pump ends. Yet both are built to order on the same GL2 platform using parts we keep in stock at all times.
The WEFTEC 2018 show floor opens October 1, and we would love to see you in Louisiana! Now, you can get in the doors free of charge. Franklin Electric is providing a complimentary registration in conjunction with the show to all current and potential customers so you can see the latest and greatest the industry has to offer, including the new Pioneer Pump® GT Series, FPS PowerSewer® System, and Inline 1100 SpecPAKTM. Follow these easy steps to sign up today:
- Click here.
- Click “Register Now” in your VIP guest invite.
- Click “Online Registration”.
- Click “Attendee”.
- If you have a username and password from a past year, enter it here. If not, go down and register a new account by clicking “Click here to register” on the 4th link below the login area.
- From there, it will walk you through the information needed. Simply fill it out and receive a complimentary registration.
- If needed, Franklin Electric’s free registration promo code is: EVITE1311.
Franklin Electric is in booth 7927. See you soon!
The finished product! A few months ago, we started teasing an awesome new product on our Facebook page and now our team is proud to say it’s ready to move some water…a lot of water!
We call it the Pioneer Pump® GX18. It can achieve a max flow up to 20,000 gpm and head up to 200 feet. A wide 20-inch inlet diameter and low suction centerline height, combined with expertly engineered impeller NPHSR, make this unit ideal for high static lift applications. Manufactured in Oregon, USA. Let us know what we can do for you!